Great news – Due to popular demand and many requests, we are starting a new free Couch to 5k group.
Starting on Thursday 6th April 2017, couch to 5k is a 9 week programme aimed at getting you fit and having fun. We will start at the 3m sports ground in Loughborough, at 6:30.
Anyone is welcome, all abilities, ages and bodies will be made to feel comfortable and supported by our team of coaches and runners to get you to your first parkrun. Whether you’ve never run before, or if you want to get back into being more active, Couch to 5k is a free and easy way of getting fitter and healthier.
On our course we start with walking and a few seconds of light running, and will build you up to running continuously for thirty minutes and about 3 miles. It’s a proven, gradual way to get you started with running.
Some comments from our last successful Couch to 5k group
- Absolutely amazing programme and everyone so friendly and encouraging
- I never thought I would enjoy it as much and it’s all down to the support I got from you the poplars thanks again
- the most fabulous experience ever, getting back to being able to run again has made me feel fabulous xx
- This has been the best experience as a totally new runner and everyone has been very supportive , I would recommend boing the pops c25k to anyone!
- We even had a write up in the Loughborough Echo – Couch to 5k success story
Joining form: Poplar-Running-Club-C25k-registration-form – Please bring this with you on the first day.
OVER 13’S WELCOME (But under 16’s must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times)
Any questions? Send us an email! email@example.com
More information coming soon!